We're working on a new website to attract garden lovers and future volunteers. As a new Master Gardener (Class of 2015) and member of the association, I was unaware of all the beautification projects and educational programs we offer to our county. It gives me great pride that I am part of such an organization. We volunteered over 8,000 hours in 2015; our community should know the value we bring to our county. Our website is the opportunity we have to share our why, what we do, and who we are.
I also was unaware of a Spring garden sale. Who doesn't love a sale? Okay, I hate shopping but I do love to buy anything garden related. I'm one to look at seed catalogs all throughout winter and spring. Come late February, I'm at the Williamson County Co-op and nurseries buying composts for my garden beds and everything else I didn't purchase.
Goals for the website:
Have a Members Only section:
- Increase public awareness of who we are and what we do in the community
- Drive traffic to our website and membership engagement
- House a central location for important information and resources
- Improve entering volunteer and continued education hours
- Engage the community on our events and fundraising efforts
- Showcase our capabilities with photos and videos from our projects and programs
- Increase member networking and collaboration
- Directory with secure membership information
- Get to know our members and their passions
- Forum to brainstorm and discuss projects, programs, field trips, and questions
I'd love to get your feedback on what members would like to see on the website and how we can engage our volunteers.
2016 Board Member